Monday, November 25, 2019

Choose Positive Thoughts of Thanksgiving

“I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.”
1 Corinthians 1:4

Thanksgiving is this week. One day, out of three-hundred sixty-five, set aside to give thanks for all we have. One day? Friends, a secret to joyous living is recognizing all we have for which to be thankful each day.

Filling your heart and thoughts with gratitude, heals the pain of feeling like there’s not “enough” in your world. Thanks-living helps us appreciate what we have, not fester inside over what we wish we have but don’t.

Begin by replacing something that burns an ugly hole in your heart, like being envious over a friend’s new car, with thoughts of those who bring you joy. Notice, in 1 Corinthians, it says, “I ALWAYS thank my God for you…”  One cannot hold a negative and positive thought in their mind at the same time. They are opposites. Choose love. Choose thankfulness and you will choose joy and health. Let us pray:

“Our father, God, you have brought Heaven into my heart, for where you are, there is peace, joy and all you are. May your choice of love rule in my life. I willingly give up my bent for old habits of self-pity and envy. I accept that what you have given me is more than enough. For this day, I ask that you develop in me the habit of thankfulness. Forgive me when I put my plans and desires ahead of my time with you. For I know that is the time negative thoughts creep in and tear apart my joy. I seek only to be your servant, not the center of my thoughts of what my world should be, for only you are glorious and good and choose wisely. To you is all power and glory. In the name of Jesus, my savior, I pray. Amen”

Many Blessings,
Doris
Copyright 2019 Doris Gaines Rapp

For previous posts go to: https://prayertherapyrapp.blogspot.com
Fun blog to accompany my newest novel: www.tuckermcbrideintheclassroom.com
Author of nine novels available on www.amazon and www.barnesandnoble.com
Or, order at your local Barnes and Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment